Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Helplessness

Grasping the sides of his ribcage and holding him as far as humanly possible away from himself, wretching (bad) the whole way, Michael gets his son Kyle to the bathroom as fast as one can run with a 2 year old dangling from the ends of his outstretched arms.

I couldn't stop laughing because when I came out of my room - on the other end of the house - I smelled why. My dad was busy running from room to room opening windows. It wasn't your typical baby poo. This house is quite large - 6 bedrooms and 3 baths large. Kyle lit it up. There wasn't a single square foot of living space that didn't smell like the re-incarnate of evil stankiness. Yes, its was that bad. Up his back bad and on his shoes bad, in fact. So, with both of them literally wretching, who do you think was going to clean up this bomb? Especially when all we could find was an old cloth diaper and a couple of safety pins? Me, that's who. These two men both have children -- more than a couple. I have a cat. My diaper changing obligations (even just wet diapers) are optional, and I haven't opted to change more than I can count on one hand in 25 years.

Men are helpless. Completely and totally helpless.

I have to give Michael credit for trying. He just wasn't going to be able to do this without projectile vomiting. And why is it that men look at cloth diapers like they're a joke? Anyway, I found this quite humorous and I know Lori's laughing. She's known Michael all his life too. Long enough to get a pretty good visual....

Men (when it comes to babies) = helplessness

1 comment:

I'm not crazy, just well mixed! said...

heheheheh..heeheeheeheeheehee...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!